Arch windows are one of the most beautiful and classiest because of their difference in design from traditional windows. But because of their different design, it is tough to find proper window treatments for them.
Two window treatments that fit them exceptionally well are motorized arch window blinds and motorized arch window shades.
Both motorized arch window blinds and shades have a lot of benefits. But it’s their differences that make people a bit confused regarding which one they should choose.
While motorized shades are less durable than blinds, they have a higher ability to block light and offer more privacy. There are also other notable differences between them.
Let’s take a deeper look at motorized blinds and shades for arch windows.
What is the issue with arch window treatments?
Whenever we see something out of the ordinary, it immediately attracts us. Arch windows are one such aspect of a house that catches people’s eye whenever they lay eyes on them. They look classy, and elegant and add a lot of style to a house. Also, they let in much more light and heat due to their design.
But there are some disadvantages of arch windows as well. For example, by letting in a lot of light, they can make the house energy inefficient.
Also, These windows offer a lot less privacy than the traditional ones. Finally, finding the correct window treatments is very tough for them because of their design.
Why motorized blinds and shades are perfect for arch windows
Motorized blinds and shades have been designed to solve this exact problem. Motorized window treatments have revolutionized the window treatment industry ever since their introduction.
One of their biggest advantages is these window treatments such as shades and blinds can be customized for all types of windows. Motorized arch window treatments are not an exception to that either.
But which one between motorized arch window blinds and motorized arch window shades will you choose? And why? Let’s take a look a the comparative analysis below to help you make a decision.
Motorized arch shades: Pros and cons
Shades have been a staple as far as window treatments go for more than two centuries and for good reasons. As the technology has progressed, so have their designs and now motorized shades are one of the most popular window treatments in the US.
These shades have fair few advantages and disadvantages, which you should know before making a decision.
Read out the article to know about motorized shade’s cost.
Here are the benefits of motorized shades that you need to consider. These advantages are the properties that make these shades so much desirable.
- They are very easy to operate: The whole idea of motorized window treatments is to make them easier to operate. All you need to do is press a button that will close and open the shades for you. You can also schedule its opening and closing so that you won’t have to wake up in the morning or return home after work to open and close them.
- These are safer for children and pets: Normal shades have cords that allow people to open and close them. These cords can be disastrous for children and pets. Not only do they get hurt due to these cords, but they also harm the shades by playing with them.
Since motorized shades are cordless, they are totally safe for children and pets. The window treatments are also safer from them as well.
- They can be customized for arch windows: One of the biggest issues with arch windows that we have mentioned above is it is hard to find proper window treatments for them because of their design. Motorized shades are a great solution to this issue as they can be customized for this kind of window which also complements their style very well.
- Greater privacy and protection: Because of their design, arch windows have a lower level of privacy. Motorized shades can solve this problem. Even if you are not at home, and forgot to close the shades, you can do it from anywhere in the world provided you have the right app installed. This not only protects your privacy but also protects your home.
- Provides greater sun protection: Arch windows let in a lot of sunlight, which can be a bother and causes harm to the skin, the environment inside the house, and also the furnishings of the house. Some motorized shades have sun-blocking schedules which can keep the room darker while also protecting the inhabitants and the furnishings inside the house from sun damage.
Despite their advantages, motorized blinds have quite a few cons as well. They are:
- Harder to clean: If motorized shades get dirty, they can be quite hard to clean. It is best not to clean shades by yourself, as you can damage the parts of the motorized window treatment. Hire a professional to clean the shades for you.
- Less durability: Shades are made from lightweight materials, which can be prone to tearing. Make sure you don’t install arch window motorized shades in high-traffic areas.
Motorized arch blinds: Pros and cons
Another great window treatment for arch windows is the arch window motorized blinds. These look like your regular blinds but have greater functionality and advantages. These blinds also have their fair share of cons as well, which we will discuss now.
Automatic blinds for arched windows have the following advantages in their favor.
- Offer greater light regulation: Due to the design of electric blinds for arched windows, you as a homeowner can regulate how much light you want in your room. You can close and open the blinds at will with the help of a remote. This makes the room and the house energy efficient.
- Ensures you sleep well: Motorized arched window shades Have an automatic opening and closing schedule, which makes sure you don’t have to wake up early in the morning to open your blinds manually. You can sleep until it is time for the blinds to open, which they will do automatically when the tinker arrives.
- Can be suited for arch windows a lot better: Since arch windows let in a lot of light, you need a window treatment that can regulate the light better. Motorized blinds for arched windows have a greater capacity of regulating the light and heat coming into the room without making the room too dark.
- Easier to clean: Remote control blinds for arched windows are very easy to clean and can be done only with a clean cloth and normal dish soap.
- Durable: Blinds are usually made of stronger materials such as faux wood and PVC, which make them very durable and suitable to install in high-traffic areas.
Although automated window blinds for arched windows have a lot of advantages, there are a few cons that make people think twice before buying them. They are:
- Less privacy: Blinds have gaps between their slats. Because of these, people can peek through them and see what is going on inside. This creates a privacy issue.
- Requires frequent cleaning: Although it is very easy to clean blinds than shades, you need to clean them more frequently. This is because the slats of blinds catch a lot of dirt and dust as they pass through them.
Differences between motorized window shades and blinds for your convenience
|Motorized arch window shades||Motorized arch window blinds|
|Not very durable||Very durable|
|Harder to clean||Easier to clean|
|Suitable to make rooms darker||Suitable to regulate light more uniformly|
|Provides greater privacy||Provides less privacy|
Now that you know the pros and cons of motorized arch window shades and blinds, it is time for you to decide which one you should choose for your home. If you want to make your room a bit darker and have a greater level of privacy, you can go for motorized window shades.
On the other hand, if your goal is to regulate the light and heat and durability, motorized window blinds are your best option.
More Articles related to this post
Mid-century modern window treatments for home
Best Window Treatments For Your Bow Window
What type of blinds can be motorized?
A lot of blinds can be motorized. These include horizontal blinds, woven blinds, etc. You can also motorize a lot of shades, such as cellular shades, and transitional shades.
What is the difference between electric blinds and automatic blinds?
All automatic blinds are electric blinds, but not all electric blinds are not automatic. Automatic blinds can be operated with a remote, app, or any other method without you having to touch them.
Are motorized blinds a good idea?
Yes, it is totally worth using motorized blinds, because it saves you a lot of hassle. You don’t have to manually open or close the blinds, the cords will not cause any harm to pets or children and you will have a greater sense of comfort using them.
Top Boho Window Treatments For Your Home
Over the past years, the trend to bring back classic home styles have been reigning…
Why Install Electric Blinds For Triangular Windows?
Electric blinds for triangular windows are a convenient way to customize the look of your…
10 Best Ideas For Your Dining Room Window Treatments
Are you someone who loves hosting dinner parties and wants to create a warm and…
Room Darkening vs Blackout Curtains: Detailed Comparison
Window treatments are installed in windows for a myriad of reasons. Some are installed to…
Explore 7 types of window shades for your home
Windows play a vital role in the energy efficiency of the house as well as…
Best Curtains For Trapezoid Windows
Have you ever encountered a trapezoid-shaped window and wondered what kind of curtains would work…