Window treatments are an important part of a house’s aesthetics. Apart from making the house look appealing and increasing its curb appeal, proper window treatments also increase the functionality of a house and protect its privacy. This is why it is a must to maintain them properly, and easy-to-clean window treatments come in really handy in this case.
There are quite a few window treatments that are very easy to clean. If you want easily cleanable blinds, then you can go for either PVC, aluminum, or faux wood blinds. If you prefer shades over blinds, then roller and cellular shades can be the best options for you. If you want a more traditional window treatment, then you can get curtains.
Let’s take a detailed look at all these window treatments that are very easy to clean.
6 Window treatments easy to keep clean
The main goal of installing window treatments is to regulate light, increase aesthetics and protect the privacy of a house and its rooms. But sometimes these window treatments can become a nuisance if they are harder to clean. Unclean window treatments both harm the aesthetics of a house and also make the house unhealthy.
This is why people have always been on the lookout for easy-to-clean window treatments. These window treatments make life easier for homeowners and save a lot of time, effort, and money. We have prepared a list of 6 such easy-to-clean window treatments for you.
Blinds are one of the most easily cleanable window treatments in the world. Some blinds are even easier to clean than others. These are:
- PVC or Vinyl Blinds: PVC or vinyl blinds are made from waterproof materials. As a result, the dirt on them doesn’t stick to them as stubbornly as on many other blinds. So you can very easily clean these blinds using a clean cloth or a towel. This property of PVC blinds makes them perfect for easy-to-clean kitchen window treatments.
- Aluminum Blinds: A type of easy-to-clean bathroom window treatment that is resistant to water are aluminum blinds. These blinds are extremely lightweight, and also quite durable. Because of their moisture resistance, you can easily clean them using a sponge, or a soft cloth. But since abrasive cleaning materials scratch aluminum, don’t use them on these blinds.
- Faux Wood blinds: Yet another type of kitchen window treatment easy to clean, faux wood blinds provide both functionality and aesthetic value to a house. These blinds only look like real wood, but they are not made from them. As a result, they have higher moisture resistance, and hence they can be easy to clean using a wet cloth.
Some people prefer shades to blinds, since they have a softer texture, and are made from a single panel. But in general, shades are more difficult to clean than blinds. But even among them, there are a couple of shades that are very easy to clean. These are:
- Roller shades: Roller shades are one of the most commonly used shades in houses all over the world. One of the rewards for their popularity is their ease of cleaning. Among the materials that are used to make roller shades, PVC and vinyl are more commonly used than most others. This makes them water-resistant, and window treatments easy to clean.
- Cellular Shades: Cellular shades have honeycomb-like structures that trap air to increase the energy efficiency of a house. As they don’t have slats like blinds, they usually don’t trap a lot of dirt. Only the cells of the cellular shades have some dirt in them, which is easily cleaned by either a suitable vacuum cleaner attachment or a hair dryer that has been set to the ‘cool’ setting.
Curtains are one of the most traditional, stylish, and elegant window treatments used in the world. These are made of fabric, almost all of which are easy to clean. One of the biggest advantages of curtains and drapes is that there are a lot of ways you can clean them.
If you have a washing machine, you can buy curtains that can be machine cleaned. If you don’t have a washing machine, you can purchase hand-washable curtains. Some curtains also can be dry washed, so if you want them, you can certainly go for them.
Also, there are a lot of curtains that can be cleaned by both hands and machines, so they are suitable for you if you want a more versatile option.
Cleaning window treatments can be full of hassle if you have ones that are harder to clean. You can prevent yourself from getting troubled if you install easy-to-clean window treatments in your home.
We have a rich collection of easily cleanable window coverings, so you can look at them and choose the one that suits your tastes and needs.
Can I use a vacuum cleaner to clean window treatments?
Yes, vacuum cleaners can certainly be used to clean window treatments. In fact, if you vacuum your window treatment regularly, it will prevent dust from collecting on them, and save you from undertaking a more rigorous cleaning procedure.
How often should I clean my window treatments?
The regularity of cleaning your window treatments will depend largely on where they are installed and how dirty they are. But on average, you should clean your window coverings every few months.
Are there any specific cleaning products I should avoid for window treatments?
It is best not to use harsh or abrasive cleaning materials to clean your window treatments. This is because these materials damage the material of the coverings.